The Nintendo Switch has shipped 4.7 million units in total. The news comes via the company’s first quarter earnings report. Net sales stand at $1.38 billion (roughly 8,881 crores), a 148.6 percent increase year on year while operating income is $145 million (Rs. 933 crores) and profit is $190 million (Rs. 12,228 crores).
Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and Wii U sales
- Total Switch hardware: 4.70 million
- Total Switch software: 13.60 million
- Total 3DS hardware: 67.08 million
- Total 3DS software: 335.10 million
- Total Wii U hardware: 13.56 million units
- Total Wii U software: 99.97 million units
- Switch hardware: 1.97 million for the quarter
- Switch software: 8.14 million for the quarter
- 3DS hardware: 950K for the quarter
- 3DS software: 5.85 million for the quarter
In terms of games, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold 3.54 million units worldwide while fighting game ARMS did 1.18 million. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild continues to sell, adding 1.16 million units (3.92 million lifetime to date).
Nintendo and Pokemon Go
Granted the company didn’t have a major role in the making of Pokemon Go, but it has earned $29.4 million (almost Rs. 189 crores) from it. In terms of its other smartphone games – such as Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes, Nintendo made $81 million (around Rs. 521 crore).